Inspired Wellness

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Its not a sprint or a marathon...

Inspired Wellness Body Transformation...
trans·for·ma·tion (trnsfr-mshn, -fôr-) n.
- A marked change, as in appearance or character, usually for the better.

"usually for the better"...I am sure a lot of us have attempted transformations in the past or have actually competed a transformation but maybe without knowing and probably not for the better. Remember those high school days, maybe our college days being fit active and enjoying life. How about now? For some that extra 15, 20, 30 or 40 more pounds since those days have started to catch up with us. But where did the weight come from? It's not like it happened over night, many of us didn't just wake up being 30 pounds over weight. So why would one attempt to make a transformation over night? It took many years for the weight to come on. Many had to develop bad habits and make lifestyle changes which caused the weight to come on and for us to not be in the shape that we would like to be in.

Then we discover those amazing transformations and claims, try this diet, take this pill, read this book and find out how you can easily lose 30 lbs in 4 weeks (with ridiculous before and after pics in a 6 week time frame) If you read my "This is why diets do not work" post you will understand half of the battle. Those claims are not realistic and if someone does manage to make a super fast transformation you can almost guarantee with out the proper education or proper lifestyle modifications the majority if not all of that weight will come back. How do you expect to change 5, 10, 15 years of bad habits in one week?

This transformation is nothing like that. I will not post a super transformed Sham in 6 weeks, not even 10 weeks. I am not going through a super fly crazy monster thrash program, low calorie, 2 workouts per day, nor do I promote those types of programs to my clients. What you are witnessing now is someone transforming his or her body in a safe and health conscious manner. I am making simple lifestyle modifications, living a normal life and still enjoying the things I love and guess what I can do all of that and still obtain results! (And ill prove it!)

Everything I am doing during this body transformation is something I plan on doing for the rest of my life. This is how I live and this is how I train my clients. I will be posting a few of my food logs and workout plans in the next few weeks so you can see what I am doing (my completed full program will be posted on my web site www.inspiredwellness.net ).

You can see from my 3-week transformation I was able to make changes in my body composition. Not huge dramatic changes but significant, I lost 3 pounds and 1.5% body fat. I worked out most days of the week I didn't follow a super strict diet, I ate at Hometown Buffet, Chevy's and still ate chocolate during the past 3 weeks. I am also not promoting one of those "hey eat whatever you want and not have to exercise and still lose weight!" programs. I did eat healthy the majority of the time, I "earned" my treats through proper exercise and other healthy realistic lifestyle choices. Transforming your body doesn't have to be dreadful, do not view it in terms of giving up everything you love and maintaining a freakishly ridiculous exercise program.

We must build a solid foundation first; you are only as strong as your foundation (your core). This foundation will be rooted in lifestyle changes, once those changes have become habit and routine only then will you will start to see PERMANENT CHANGES. Again, don't set yourself up to fail, don't expect that weight to come off over night, it also won't take you 5 or 10 years like it took to gain the weight but make simple changes that can lead to a lifetime of healthy habits and achieve lifetime results. I see so many people in January try and shape up then quit, or prepare for an event in their lives, I see so many people before summer try and prepare for that swimsuit season and fail, why do people try to look good 2x or 3x out of the year? Obtain the body you used to have or even obtain the body of your dreams and keep it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment